Monday, June 27, 2011

27 June - Day Four

Taman Ayun Temple - Ulundanu Temple - Alas Kedaton - Tanah Lot Temple - Kuta Square

Our day started with raining cats and dogs outside. We had packed our things before we departed from Tune Hotel Legian as we will be transferred to Tune Hotel Kuta.

It was still raining although I prayed not to rain when we were going to the tourist destination.

Our first place was Taman Ayun Temple. We actually could not go into the temple because it was a sacred place. However, we could only see the temple from outside. Because it was raining, it affected my mood to snap good pictures. In fact, I was reluctant to use my camera. There were beautiful temple building with multistory roof and Balinese Architecture, which were all my favourite.

Taman Ayun Temple, surrounding by water because raining

Taman Ayun Temple

Before going to Ulundanu Temple, we stopped at the roadside for buffet lunch. The type of buffet lunch was almost the same kind, and the food was not served in Balinese style, which was quite boring. By the way, rain plus hill make me feel cold outside the restaurant of the buffet lunch, until I shivered.

Lunch place

We thought due to the rain and the traffic, we would skip some places, but actually not. Our next destination after lunch is Ulundanu Temple. This was also a beautiful temple which I always saw in the internet, and finally today, I could see the scenery by my own eyes. In some place, we were not allowed to go into some places. I like I like I like this place! Did not know how to express my affectation to this place. ^^

Uludanu Temple


Uludanu Temple

Ulundanu Temple - Gede (I captured this photo)

After the visit at Ulundanu Temple, we bought a box of strawberry which sold at the road side, for 20,000 rupiah. Sweet and juicy strawberry. We wondered why Bali strawberry was not exported to Malaysia, because this would be cheaper than those imported from Australia and Korea.

Strawberry bought at Uludanu Temple, 20,000 rupiah


Strawberryyy

Next, we were heading towards Alas Kedaton. At first, I thought that the Alas Kedaton was the same place as Monkey Forest that we visited yesterday. However, when we reached only we knew was different. There were monkeys, bats and snake at there. The monkey at there had make us not know whether to cry or laugh. See the pictures below:


Alas Kedaton, bulied by the monkey

The monkey went up till Lyn's head

Monkey Baby

The most important view of today's trip was to the Tanah Lot Temple. Traffic jam had caused had took most of our time to reach day, and the raining and cloudy day prevented us to view the beautiful sunset at the Tanah Lot Temple. The day almost dark when we were there. However, the crowd of tourist did not ceased. In fact, we need to walk down the car before the car get its parking lot. We went to drink the Holy Water, and the people there help us to wear a yellow flower on my hair plus stick something on my head. The holy snakes that we wished to see also had been gone from the place from where they stayed (The snake will back to their place during day time, according to Gede).



Beji Holy Spring in Tanah Lot

Some ceremony after drinking the holy water




Tanah Lot Temple


Dad and mum asked me to shop at Tanah Lot there, but I guessed there was no time for us to shop, as there were far more traffic jam behind us.

And beyond my guess limit, we had stucked in the traffic for 3 hours and the half, before we could get back to Tune Hotel Kuta.


Me, Gede (Guide), Pak Wayan (Driver)
Took picture with them after they dropped us

At night, we went to shopping in Kuta Square. Just when we saw ROXY 90%, we forgot our dinner. I manage to get a Double Dutch White Colour bag, which had 60% at that moment. Price after discount is 170,000 rupiah. Hehe, later, we have our dinner at KFC.

Reach room at about 11pm. Good night

For more pictures in Bali, find it at my Facebook Album.
If you like to purchase some cool travel packages, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment